Join us at ACI’s 25th National Forum on Residential Mortgage Regulatory Enforcement and Litigation, October 22-24 in Dallas, Texas. McGlinchey Stafford is proud to be a supporting sponsor of the conference, and the CAFA Law Blog will serve as this year’s conference media partner.
With updated sessions for 2018, the forum will cover topics such as the significance of changes at the CFPB, HUD, FMA, and OCC, and relevant state agencies. Also, the forum will discuss the CFPB’s enforcement reach and amendments to RESPA, TILA and TRI, among other topics. ACI created this year’s agenda with the hottest topics in regulation and litigation in mind. Hot topics include:
- ACA case on the FCC’s Order on TCPA; the Ninth Circuit’s ruling was considering a big win for the industry but questions remain on how this impacts the residential mortgage industry
- CFPB ceasing enforcement actions created from UDAAP violations
- Final revisions to TRID
- FDCPA violations and its impact on bankruptcy, defaults, foreclosures in the residential mortgage space
- Statute of limitations with hotbed jurisdictions (Texas, Florida, New York) with speakers from each jurisdictions addressing trends and nuances
- Cybersecurity controls and the implementation of NYDFS regulation for financial institutions and mortgage originators
- New 1 hour session on ethics built into the main conference agenda
Hear from experienced speakers including state and federal regulatory and enforcement officials, in-house counsel, federal and state judges, and industry-leading outside counsel as they provide comprehensive updates on these pressing subjects.
McGlinchey Stafford attorney Brian McGrath will be presenting at the conference on October 22nd. Brian will participate in a panel discussion regarding “Hotbed Statute of Limitation Jurisdictions: Drawing the Line on Date of Breach, Foreclosure Nuances, and Default Notices.”
Click Here for the complete agenda.