Don’t say CAFA Law Blog never did anything for you. Other than making class action litigation a laughing matter, and that is no easy task!
Now you can attend a CLE at a cool location for a cool price. ACI is offerings a $500 discount to all CAFA Law Blog readers who sign up by November 21. First Up:
American Conference Institute’s 8th Annual Conference on Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation, January 26-28, 2009 at the Affinia Manhattan Hotel in New York. Click here for the agenda. The essential defense forum that shapes the future of litigation strategies in the consumer finance industry.
That makes it sound like something big is going on in that area. You may have heard a little something in the news about changes in the consumer finance industry. Big changes are a commin’ for financial institutions and their legal counsel.
The event features a faculty of leading outside litigators, renowned jurists, and 24 senior in-house counsel from these companies: American Express • American General Finance • Bank of America • Capital One • Citi • Countrywide • Discover • GMAC • Greenpoint • First Data • Freddie Mac • Hyundai • iQor • MasterCard • Sovereign Bank • TCF National Bank • UBS • Wachovia • Wells Fargo
They will help you:
· DRAFT arbitration provisions that are effective in avoiding class treatment
· REASSESS litigation and preemption strategies as a result of increased investigations and enforcement actions by states and municipalities against lenders
· RESPOND to the latest TILA and UDAP inadequate disclosure claims
· DEFEND against allegations that unsuitable loans were made by lenders/brokers
· COUNTER claims based on predatory/unconscionable/improvident lending
· APPLY lessons learned from recent RESPA case law to prevent and cure errors when managing transactions
· USE recent and emerging FCRA litigation developments, including the “willfulness” issue, to your advantage when defending cases
· LITIGATE consumer class actions involving bankruptcies and foreclosures
· MINIMIZE litigation risks of using autodialers and prerecorded messages in collection activities
· DIRECT an adequate response to a data breach and the myriad details that ensue
Wow, I’m exhausted just thinking about doing all that work.
Additional details and registration information are available at www.AmericanConference.com/CFCA or by calling 888-224-2480.
If you register by or before November 21, you can save $500 off the full conference tuition price ($1695 instead of $2195) by quoting “discount code 649L09.S”